Worksheet - Modal Auxiliaries

 

Worksheet

Modal Auxiliaries

 

Underline modal verbs in these sentences:

    1.    I can speak kannada but I can’t write it.

    2.    Could you add me to the group, please?

    3.    I might see a doctor next week.

    4.    You shouldn’t watch so much video.

    5.    The doctor must operate the patient immediately. Otherwise, his life may be in danger.

    6.    It may rain tonight.

    7.    She might not go home this vacation.

    8.    Would you help me bake a cake?


Tick () the more polite modal in these sentences.

    1.    Can/May I use your umbrella?

    2.    Would/Will you help me lift this box?

    3.    Would/Could you please check the balance in your account tomorrow?

    4.    Will/Could you pass me the ketchup, Bert?

    5.    Children, will/would you clean up the studio after dance practice?

 

Complete these sentences with a modal from the box.

must, can’t, might, should, shouldn’t, mustn’t, will, must, may, could

 

    1.    I am afraid you _______ park your car here.

    2.    You _______ be feeling thirsty after being away for so long.

    3.    I _______ catch the 8:00am bus or I will be late on the first day of office.

    4.    You _______ leave the doors open at night.

    5.    He _______ live in the PG for next six months.

    6.    Everyone _______ obey the rules.

    7.    Passengers _______ unfasten the seat belt until the aeroplane lands.

    8.    _______ you open the door, please?

    9.    You _______ use your mobile in the theatre.

    10.                First salary check _______ be delivered to his tomorrow.

        

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita