Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions


Chapter- 8
Flying High

Choose the correct answer:
1.       We see birds
a.       On trees
b.       In water
c.       On the ground
d.       All the above         ()
2.       How do birds give birth by?
a.       Laying egg            ()
b.       Directly birth of babies
c.       Both
d.       None of these
3.       Which of these birds stitches leaves together to make nest?
a.       Parrot
b.       Tailor bird
c.       Weaver bird        ()
d.       Humming bird
4.       Which of these bird makes hanging nest by tying dry grass and sticks into knot?
a.       Eagle
b.       Woodpecker
c.       Pigeon
d.       Weaver bird        ()

Fill in the blanks:
(a)    The Owl said- Stop this hullabaloo.
(b)    We all are special in our own way.
(c)     Birds eat different types of food.
(d)    Birds’ feathers help them to fly and keep them warm.
(e)    Birds build a new nest every time they have to lay egg.
State whether these statements are true or false:
(a)    All birds fly and walk in the same ways.                                                                                       (False)
(b)    From time to time birds, loose their old feathers and new ones grow in their place.
      (True)
(c)     Owl can rotate its neck, back and forth to a large extent.                                                    
      (True)
(d)    All birds eat seeds, eggs and fishes.                                                                                              (False)
(e)    Mynah moves her neck back and forth with a jerk.                                                
      (True)
Match these birds with their food:
Name of birds
Favourite food
Vulture
Guava and green chilli
Eagle
Dead animals
Woodpecker
Insects
Parrot
Grains
Pigeon
Mice
Ans-
Name of birds
Favourite food
Vulture
Dead animals
Eagle
Mice
Woodpecker
Insects
Parrot
Guava and green chilli
Pigeon
Grains
                                                                                               
Solve these riddles on birds:
On my head I have a crest,
All say I dance the best,
Of my feathers I am proud,
Before the rain, I cry aloud.



Peacock
Long and grooved is my tail,
High up in the sky I sail,
I pick and eat all the mice.


Eagle
My feathers are green,
My beak’s red,
Guava and green chilly I’m fed,
I love to copy people’s voice,
And keep making a lot of noise




Parrot
Black are my feathers and black is my beak.
Kau-kau I do all day long.

Crow
Kohoo-koohu is my sound.
Everywhere I am found,
My sweet voice gives me fame.


Cuckoo
Dead animals I do eat, making places clean and neat,
High up in the sky I fly.



Vulture
My beak is pink, feathers grey,
Guter Ghoo I go on all day,
In houses, I make my home.


Pigeon
My beak is very special,
I use it like a needle,
Stitching leaves, I make my home.


Weaver bird
In trunk of trees holes I make,
Hidden insects, I intake,
Tuk-tuk-tuk I work all day.


Woodpecker


Answer these questions:
Q. Do all birds eat same type of food? What do they eat?
Ans- Birds eat different types of food.  Some eat fruits, some eat seeds, some eat eggs, while others eat fish.

Q. How do feathers help birds?
Ans- Feathers help birds to fly and keep themselves warm.

Q. If you could fly like a bird where would you like to go? What else would you do?
   _________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________

Activity:
Take a square piece of paper. Make a cock using the instruction given on page 56 of textbook and paste in the space provided.
 









http://textbooksupport-ncert.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_19.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita