Class-2 Sp. English, Lesson-4 Telling the Time / MP Board


Lesson-4
Telling the Time
Exercises


Look at the pictures and complete the boxes forming correct words:

Answer the following questions:
(i)       Where is Kanha National Park?
Ans- Kanha National Park is in district Mandla of Madhya Pradesh.

(ii)     Where did the students gather at 8 o’clock?
Ans- Students gathered in assembly hall at 8 o’clock.

(iii)    When did the bus start for Kanha?
Ans- The bus started for Kanha at half past eight.

(iv)    Which animal did they see first?
Ans- They saw the lion first.

(v)     When did they return to school?
Ans- They returned to school at quarter past five.

What time is it?

                                                            
Draw the hands of the clock to show the time:



Rewrite the sentences given in column ‘A’ under column ‘B’ as shown above:
            Column ‘A’                                                            Column ‘B’
            It is a clock.                                                            It’s a clock.
            She is a girl.                                                           She’s a girl.
            He is a boy.                                                            He’s a boy.
            There is a ball.                                                       There’s a ball.
            That is a cat.                                                          That’s cat.
            It is 6 o’clock                                                          It’s 6 o’clock.

Read the following passage carefully:
My face is as round as yours,
            But I have no eyes to see,
My hands are busy the whole day long,
            As busy as they can be.
Sometimes I speak that you may know.
            How far the hours and minutes go.
Who am I? I am a clock.
Now answer the following questions:
(i)       What shape is the face of the clock?
Ans- The face of the clock is round in shape.

(ii)     Does it have eyes to see?
Ans- It does not have eyes to see.

(iii)    What are busy the whole day long?
Ans- hands of the clock are busy the whole day long.

Write at least 5 sentences about your daily routine with the help of the table given below:

Morning
6 o’clock
7 o’clock
8 o’clock
8.30
9 o’clock
get up and brush my teeth.
have a bath.
have my breakfast.
get ready for school.
go to school.
Evening
5.30
6 o’clock
6 - 7
come back from school.
have milk, and biscuits.
play football.
Night
7 – 9
9 o’clock
10 o’clock
do homework.
have dinner.
go to bed.
(i)  I get up at 6 o’clock in the morning and brush my teeth.
(ii) I have bath at 7 o’clock in the morning.
(iii)    I have my breakfast at 8 o’clock in the morning.
(iv)    I get ready for school at 8:30 in the morning.
(v) I go to school at 9 o’clock in the morning.
(vi)    I come back from school at 5:30 in the evening.
(vii)   I have milk and biscuits at 6 o’clock in the evening.
(viii)  I play football from 6:00 to 7:00 in the evening.
(ix)    I do homework from 7:00 to 9:00 in the night.
(x)I have dinner at 9 o‘clock in the night.
(xi)    I go to bed at 10 o’clock in the night.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita