Class-2 Sp. English, Lesson-17 My School / MP Board


Lesson-17 

My School

Exercises

Match the following words with their meanings:
(i)       Build                                   -           to make something
(ii)     Learn                                  -           to gain knowledge
(iii)    Indeed                                -           really
(iv)    Cool                                    -           not warm

Statements are given below. Tick true/ false:
(i)       My school is not my home.                                             [ false]
(ii)     My teacher are my parents.                                            [true]
(iii)    My friends are not my brothers and sisters.                 [false]
(iv)    We do not play together.                                                 [false]
(v)     We work and eat together.                                              [true]

Answer the following questions:
(i)       What is your home built of?
Ans- Our home is built of love and respect for each other.

(ii)     What are the things we do together in the school?
Ans- We play, learn, work and eat together in the school.

Read these sentences and fill in the blanks with appropriate words. Choices are given in brackets:
(i)       My school is my home. (is/are)
(ii)     My teachers are my parents. (is/are)
(iii)    My friends are my brothers and sisters. (is/are)
(iv)    I play with my friends. (plays/play)
(v)     We work together. (works/work)
(vi)    Karim eats with me. (eat/eats)

Now, fill in the blanks with the correct forms of verbs in given in brackets:
(i)       I go to school daily. (go)
(ii)     Mary writes a letter. (write)
(iii)    Ashutosh works hard in his office. (work)
(iv)    Sania plays tennis for India. (play)
(v)     Ashish takes breakfast at 8 O’clock. (take)


Read the following poem carefully:
Going to School
We’re going to school today.
Where children learn and play.
We’re going to school today.
Where children learn read and write.
We are going to school today.
Where children learn new things with gay.

Now answer these questions:
(i)       Why do students go to school?
Ans- Students go to school to learn and play.

(ii)     What do students do in the school?
Ans- Students read and write in the school.

(iii)    Do you come to school happily?
Ans- Yes, I come to school happily.

Arrange the words in proper order to make a meaningful sentence.
(i)       The/ name/ is/ of/ my/ school/ Govt. Primary School, Vidisha/ ./
Ans- The name of my school is Govt. Primary School, Vidisha.

(ii)     It. 5 / teachers/ has/ and/ 200/ students/ has/ . /
Ans-  It has 5 teachers and 200 students.

(iii)    It/ a/ big/ library/ and/ many/ rooms/ has/ ./
Ans-  It has a big library and many rooms.

(iv)    all/ the/ teachers/ very/ well/ us/ teach/ . /
Ans- All the teachers teach us very well.

(v)     I/ my school/ like/ very/ much/ . /
Ans- I like my school very much.

Make a list of things which you see in your school.
(i)       Black board
(ii)     Chalk
(iii)    Duster
(iv)    Table
(v)     Chair
(vi)    Bench
(vii)   Stool
(viii)  Tube light
(ix)    Fan
(x)     Class rooms
(xi)    Doors
(xii)   Windows
(xiii)  Charts
(xiv) Models
(xv)  Pictures of great man
(xvi) Play accessories


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita