Class-3 Sp. English, Lesson-4 The Camel and the Cunning Fox / MP Board


Lesson-4
The Camel and the Cunning Fox
(M.P. Board, Special English)

Exercises

Write one word for the following:

  1. One who buys and sells goods in large quantity.                       Merchant
  2. A person who hates or acts or speaks against somebody.      Enemy
  3. A senior member of the government who is in charge of a government department.                                                                                              Minister
  4. A person who always tells the truth and never steals or cheats anybody.    Honest man

Match the names of the animals in A with the pictures in B
                       

Fill in the blanks with the words or phrases given:

  1. I see with my eyes; I hear with my ears.
  2. I did not eat my breakfast; I did not eat my lunch; I am dying of hunger.
  3. Let’s go to the cinema. I have enough money in my pocket.
  4. “I kill mice and eat their flesh,” said the cat. “I can eat four and or five mice for dinner.” “You eat mice!” said the mouse. “Then you are not our friend, you are our enemy.”
“not at all” said the cat. “You are wrong. I love mice; I don’t hate them.”
“Go away, you cunning, rogue!” said the mouse.
  1. “Don’t make a noise.” my mother whispered in ear. “Your little brother is sleeping.
  2. Hunting is prohibited in a sanctuary.
Answer the following questions:

  1. Who was the new minister?
Ans- The camel was the new minister

  1. Did the lion love the camel?
Ans- Yes, the lion loved the camel.

  1. Did the old minister like the new minister?
Ans- No, the old minister did not like the new minister.

  1. Who went out to get some food for the lion?
Ans- The ministers went out to get some food for the lion.

  1. Did the camel go with them?
Ans- No, the camel did not go with them.

  1. Did the three ministers go and hunt?
Ans- No, the three ministers did not go and hunt.

  1. What did they want to do?
Ans- They wanted to kill the lion.

  1. Did the leopard and the wolf kill the fox?
Ans- No, the leopard and the fox did not kill the fox.

  1. What did they say?
Ans- They said that the flesh of fox would not be enough for three of the.

  1. Who was killed in the end?
Ans- The camel was killed in the end.

Who said these words to whom.

who

whom
Lion
“I am hungry. I cannot go out to hunt”
Ministers
Fox
“Listen to me. Let’s not go and hunt. We shall kill our enemy.”
Leopard and Wolf
Fox and Leopard
“You have a small body too and your flesh will not be enough for the three of us. And we don’t want to lose you.”
Wolf
Lion
“I will not kill my faithful minister just to save my life.”
Ministers

Add a phrase from column B to a sentence from column A.

  1. I called my little brother to give him an apple.
  2. I went to the fruit market to buy some apples.
  3. I went to my bedroom to sleep.
  4. I took out the knife to cut the apples.
  5. The dog came near to bite me.
  6. I went to my friend’s place to invite him home.
  7. I went to the barber to have a hair-cut.
  8. Jim went to the tailor to get his clothes.
  9. I sent my servant to the post office to get my letters.
  10. I ran after the thief to catch him.

Write the sentences like the one in (b), using a phrase, as in the example:
Example
(a)  I am going to the market. I will buy some apples.
(b)  I am going to the market to buy some apples.
(a)  I am going to my room. There I will do my homework.
(b)  I am going to my room to do my home work.

(a)  Raju is going to his uncle’s place. He will stay there for a week.
(b)  Raju is going to his uncle’s place to stay there for a week.

(a)  He killed the animal. He will eat it.
(b)  He killed the animal to eat it.

(a)  He took out the gun. He will shoot the animal.
(b)  He took out the gun to shoot the animal.

(a)  I got into the boat. I wanted to cross the river.
(b)  I got into the boat to cross the river.

Describe the animals with the help of clues:
i) camel          : the ship of the desert, hump, brown padded feet.
ii) lion             : the king of the forest, strong and powerful, den

Camel
  1. Camel is known as the ship of the desert.
  2. It has a hump on its back.
  3. It has brown padded feet.

Lion
1.    Lion is known as the king of the forest.
2.    Lion is a strong and powerful animal.
3.    It lives in the den.
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita