Class-7 English Reader (Special), Lesson-2 A New Idea of Good Manners / M.P. Board


Lesson-2
A New Idea of Good Manners


Comprehension

Answer the questions given below:
(i)    Where did Ravi spend his summer vacation?
Ans- Ravi spent his summer vacation at a village.

(ii)   Why did Ravi and Ananad did not know Ashok?
Ans- Ravi and Anand did not know Ashok as he was a new boy.

(iii)  How did Ashok learn to use a dictionary?
And- Ashok’s grand father taught him how to use a dictionary.

(iv)  How does a dictionary help us?
Ans- A dictionary helps us to look up the meanings and spellings of new words.

(v)   Why does Anand not look up the meaning of all the new words in a dictionary?
Ans- Anand does not look up the menings of all the new words because he feels lazy sometimes.

(vi)  Why must we avoid making mistakes?
Ans- We must avoid making mistakes because it shows that we are lazy and it is also a bad manner.


Choose the correct option from those given after each statement:
(i)       The school has opened …………………………
a.    After the winter vacation
b.    After a holiday
c.     After the summer vacation
d.    After a week
Ans- After the summer vacation

(ii)      Ashok is a stranger because …………………………
a.    He is a new student
b.    He is well known to all
c.     He is an old student
d.    He I an intelligent student
Ans- He is a new student

(iii)     The three boys joined and …………………………
a.    Played football
b.    Visited the school library
c.     Went to the garden of the school
d.    Went inside the class room
Ans- Visited the school library

(iv)     Ravi spent his summer vacation …………………………
a.    At a village
b.    In a town
c.     At home
d.    At his friend’s home
Ans- At a village

(v)      Ashok joined
a.    Class X
b.    Class IX
c.     Class VII
d.    Class VIII
      Ans- Class VII

Change the meaning of the following phrases by adding ‘un’ (be careful of changing ‘a’ to ‘an’)
  • A happy man                                      An unhappy man
  • A kind woman                                     An unkind woman
  • A pleasant journey                              An unpleasant journey
  • A popular boy                                     An unpopular boy
  • A necessary thing                               An unnecessary thing
  • A lawful act                                         An unlawful act
  • A just decision                                     An unjust decision
  • A common animal                               An uncommon animal
  • An interesting story                             An uninteresting story
  • An important event                             An unimportant event
  • An equal opportunity                           An unequal opportunity
  • A usual happening                              An unusual happening
Write sentences from each of the following tables:
You can
borrow

have

my
book

ruler

if you
want

wish

to.

  1. You can borrow my book if you want to.
  2. You can borrow my book if you wish to.
  3. You can borrow my ruler if you want to.
  4. You can borrow my ruler if you wish to.
  5. You can have my book if you want to.
  6. You can have my book if you wish to.
  7. You can have my ruler if you want to.
  8. You can have my ruler if you wish to.


Do not
come with us
lend him your books
go to the cinema

if you do not
want

wish

to.

1.            Do not come with us if you do not want to.
2.            Do not lend him your books if you do not want to.
3.            Do not go to the cinema if you do not want to.
4.            Do not come with us if you do not wish to.
5.            Do not lend him your books if you do not wish to.
6.            Do not go to the cinema if you do not wish to.

I shall
write him a letter
show him your letter
ask him to write to you

if you
want

wish

me to.

  1. I shall write him a letter if you want me to.
  2. I shall show him your letter if you want me to.
  3. I shall ask him to write to you if want me to.
  4. I shall write him a letter if you wish me to.
  5. I shall show him your letter if you wish me to.
  6. I shall ask him to write to you if wish me to.

Complete the sentences given below by using ‘if you want to’/ ‘if you do not want to’/ ‘if you want him to’.
(i)    Do not go to the cinema if you do not want to.
(ii)   Please have my bicycle if you want to.
(iii)  Mr. Kumar will lend you a dictionary if you want him to.
(iv)  Do not lend your books to other people if you do not want to.
(v)   My father will take you in our car to Agra if you want him to.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita