Class-4 English (Marigold), Unit-2_1 Noses / NCERT / CBSE Syllabus


Unit-2_1
Noses

New words
Mirror- A surface that forms image
Funniest- very amusing
Breathing- to take in and take out air
Sticking- fixed
Giggle- laughing in a silly way

Answer this question:
Q. Why does the poet feel that the nose is a funny thing?
Ans- Poet thinks that the nose is a funny thing because it is in the middle of face with two hole in it.

Q. Why is a nose important for you?
Ans- Nose is important for us to breathe.

Q. Does the child in the poem like her nose? Why do you think so?
Ans- The child in the poem does not like her nose because it looks funny on face stuck like a handle.

What is your favourite fruit. Describe it in five sentences.


(a) How does it smell?
It has a nice fruity smell.
(b) How does it look.
It looks red in colour and round in shape.
(c) How does it feel?
It feels really nice to have an apple.
(d) When you bite it, what sound does it make?
It make a sound of crunch when I bite it.
(e) How does it taste?
It tastes sweet.

Let’s exercise
A breathing exercise
·        Close your right nostril with your right thumb.
·        Inhale slowly through your left nostril till your lungs are filled with air.
·        Now close your left nostril with your second and third fingers.
·        Remove your finger from the right nostril and exhale through it.
·        Repeat this exercise slowly in the beginning and with practice increase your speed.
Let’s Write
Do you know a fish breathes from its gills? Write two sentences about other animals which can breathe under water.
(1) Tadpoles also have gills to breathe under water.
(2) Crocodiles breathe in air with lungs. They can hold their breathe, under water for 10-15 minutes.

Punctuate the following passage:

mother father neelam said i have got a fire engine ive got a fire engine whats this whats this called mother somewhat confused by the noise ive got a fire engine mother come and see it.

Ans- Mother! Father! Neelam said, “I have got a fire engine, I’ve got a fire engine”. “What’s this? Whats this?” called mother, somewhat confused by the noise. I’ve got a fire engine mother! come and see it.

Using a red pencil, choose and circle the things whose smell you like. Now with a blue pencil circle the things whose smell you do not like. Make five sentences like this –  I like / do not like the smell of ............. because it reminds me of..........

Petrol
Chips
Dirty shoes
Paint
Rose
Shampoo
Soap
Garbage
Scent
Rotten fruit
Agarbatti
Coffee
Chocolate
Champa
Marigold
Ilaichi

1-   I do not like the smell of petrol because it reminds me of traffic jam.
2-   I like the smell of rose because it reminds me of garden.
3-   I like the chocolate of petrol because it reminds me of my favourite treat.
4-   I like the smell of chips because it reminds me of my favourite snack.
5-   I like the smell of shampoo because it reminds me of pleasant experience of silky hairs.
6-   I do not like the smell of rotten fruit because it reminds me of wet waste.
7-   I like the smell of champa because it reminds me of temple prayers.
8-   I like the smell of dirty because it reminds me of vomiting experience.
9-   I like the smell of soap because it reminds me of fresh lemons.
10-               I like the smell of agarbatti because it reminds me of my grand mother.
11-               I like the smell of coffee because it reminds me of coffee-time enjoyments.
12-               I like the smell of ilaichi because it reminds me of sweetest deserts.
Read the poem carefully and answer the following question:
Tall ears,
Twinkly nose,
Tiny tail,
And –hop, he goes!
What is he –
Can you guess?
I feed him carrots
And watercress.
His ears are long,
His tail is small –
And he doesn’t make any
noise at all!
Tall ears,
Twinkly nose,
Tiny tail,
And – hop, he goes!
– Marie Louise Allen
Now, write three pairs of words that rhyme.
nose     -  goes
guess    -  watercress
small      -  all



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita