Class-4 English (Marigold), Unit-1_2 Neha's Alarm Clock / NCERT / CBSE Syllabus


Unit-1_2
 Neha’s Alarm Clock

New Words-
Snuggle-  cuddle or lie closely
Snore – breathe with hoarse sound while sleeping
Mutters- speaks in low voice
Window sill- A shelf at the bottom of window
Relax- more calm and happy

Tick (√) the correct answer:
1.   What time did Neha’s clock ring every morning?
a.   4 o’clock
b.   9 o’clock
c.   6 o’clock (√)
2.   What did the birds say?
a.   Sleep on
b.   Wake up (√)
c.   Go and play
3.   What is inside you that makes you get up at the same time everyday?
a.   Our body clock (√)
b.   Our eyes
c.   Our feet
Put the letters in the right order. One has been done for you.
i l e s m
s m i l e     
n o r m i n g
m o r n I n g
mrala
a l a r m
e d o r n s 
s n o r e d
o c k l c     
c l o c k
w o d w i n

w i n d o w

Word building
Find the hidden words
mother, birds, clock, alarm, happy, morning, holiday, hungry, Sunday
h
C
d
A
Q
R
B
L
R
D
S
E
U
B
F
L
M
A
H
O
S
B
M
L
N
I
E
O
B
T
F
C
A
C
F
O
G
T
M
P
A
B
C
L
I
E
D
O
R
S
U
V
Z
A
M
O
T
H
E
R
Y
A
W
Y
X
K
S
C
B
N
O
K
P
L
O
H
M
T
U
K
C
E
V
r
R
K
P
O
E
I
A
B
O
F
U
S
S
U
A
L
A
R
M
D
O
M
K
F
T
U
O
I
M
K
I
M
N
W
I
G
S
U
N
D
A
Y
T
X
Z
A
S
C
K
P
I
A
O
L
H
A
P
P
Y
O
M
O
n
y
t
m
o
R
n
i
n
G

Who said these words to whom?
          Words
Who said
To whom
“Wake up, dear! Wake up fast!”

Bird
Narrator
“Ma, who woke me up today?”

Narrator
Mother
“Why do you sleep at nine every night?”

Mother
narrator

Use the help box to fill in the blanks –
a)   Ram was a good football player.
b)   The cows were grazing in the field.
c)   My toys were broken.
d)   Her frock was too long.
e)   The market was closed.
f)     The children were happy.
g)   The flowers were kept in a vase.

Complete the paragraph using the words given in the box.
Pulled out,          inside,           called out,           behind,            under

Yesterday, I lost a book. I looked for it everywhere. I looked behind a door. I looked inside a cupboard. I looked under a bed. I could not find it anywhere. Then I called out Sheroo. Sheroo, my dog came running to me. I asked him to look for my book. He pulled out another book from my bag.

Here is a word, clock. Write down words relating to clock.

Here is word ‘morning’. Now write down words relating to it.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita