Class-3 English (Marigold) Unit- 8_2 My Silly Sister / NCERT / CBSE Syllabus


Unit-8_2
My Silly Sister

New Words
Childish- relating to child
Pebble- a small round stone
Donkey- thee domestic ass
Dirty- not clean
Anger- A strong feeling of displeasure
Excitement- state of stir up of emotions or feelings
Playful- full of play
Naughty- mischievous
Washer man- a man who washes clothes

Answer these questions:

Q. What does the baby do with the pebbles?
Ans- The baby tries to put the pebbles her mouth.

Q. What does the baby do to the books?
Ans- The baby tears the pages of book and roars with joy.

Q. When does the baby laugh?
Ans- The baby laughs when her elder brother scolds her in anger.

Q. Why does the washerman bring donkeys?
Ans- The washerman brings donkeys to carry away the dirty clothes.

Word building

Fill in the blanks to spell words from the story.

S i l l y
p e b b l e s
s t r e e t s
s c o l d s
l e s s o n s
n a u g h t y
e x c i t e m e n t
d o n k e y


Write similar words from the story

foolish,
silly
stones,
pebbles
mischievous,
naughty
fetch,
carry away

Fill in the blanks with the words from the box
Children, they, Bell


1.      The children are playing in the field. They are happy.
2.      Children are playing 'catch-me-if -you-can.'
3.      The bell has rung. It is time for lessons.


Fill in the blanks with the plural form of words:

1)    One child, many children.
2)    One Fox, many foxes.
3)    One duck, many ducks.
4)    One goose, many geese.

Add 'ful' to make a word.

1)    The children are playful. (play)
2)    The flowers are beautiful. (beauty)
3)    The books are useful. (use)
4)    Vegetables are plentiful. (plenty)

Add 'ish' to make a new word.
1)    That girl is always crying. She is childish. (child)
2)    I slipped on a banana peel. I am foolish. (fool)
3)    My sister is babyish. (baby)


Let's write.

Write five sentences on how you help at home.
1)      I help my mother in cleaning the kitchen.
2)      I help my father in gardening.
3)      I help my brother in solving puzzles.
4)      I help my sister with her craft Projects.
5)      I arrange beds in the house.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita