Class-3 English (Marigold) Unit-6_2 The Story of the Road /NCERT/ CBSE Syllabus


Unit- 6_2
The Story of the Road

New Words
Newspaper – A regularly printed document having news, articles etc.
Cucumber – A long, thin, green vegetable
Cabbage – A large, round vegetable with green, white or purple leaves
Potato – A white vegetable with brown skin, which grows underground
Radish – An edible root
Cauliflower- A large round vegetable with white florets
Foolish- unwise or stupid

Answer these questions:

Q. What sound do you hear on the road in the morning?
Ans- We hear the sound of sparrows, crows, bicycle of newspaper boy, vegetable seller and school going children on the road in the morning.

Q. What is the vegetable man selling?
Ans- The vegetable man is selling peas, cauliflower, cabbages, potatoes, cucumbers, radishes and carrots.

Q. Why is the road annoyed with the crow?
Ans- The road is annoyed with the crow because the crow is asking the road to wake up while the road is already awake.

Use can and cannot in the following sentences based on your experience while walking on the road.

1.    I can hear the sound of cars.
2.    I cannot hear the train whistle.
3.    I can hear the wind blow.
4.    I cannot hear the clock.
5.    I can hear the sound of feet.
6.    I cannot hear the sound of moving chairs.
7.    I can hear the dogs barking.


Look at the picture given below and write four sentences about what you see:



I can see a tree.
I can see a lawn.
I can see a road. 
I can see vehicles on the road.
.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class-5 EVS, Chapter-13, A Shelter so High! , Additional Exercises with Solutions/ NCERT

Class-5, EVS, Chapter-18, No Place for Us?, Additional Exercises with Solutions / NCERT

Class-5 EVS Chapter-1 Super Senses/NCERT

Class-3 EVS, Chapter-8 Flying High, Additional exercises with solutions

Class-4 EVS Chapter-4 The Story of Amrita